Now that the May 6 primaries are over, we see more verification that federal incumbents are returning to pre-2006 victory percentages, despite almost universally negative opinions about Washington.
As we all know, poll after poll is showing record disapproval of Congress, as an institution and pertaining to the leadership of both parties, but challenged incumbents in early primaries are recording stellar electoral results, nonetheless.
Below is the list of incumbents challenged in their own primaries on Tuesday night, along with their impressive victory percentages in most instances.
- District 3: Rep. Marlin Stutzman (R) – 81% against two opponents
- District 4: Rep. Todd Rokita (R) – 71% against one opponent
- District 5: Rep. Susan Brooks (R) – 73% against two opponents
- District 7: Rep. Andre Carson (D) – 89% against three opponents
- District 8: Rep. Larry Bucshon (R) – 75% against one opponent
- District 9: Rep. Todd Young (R) – 79% against two opponents